This is a publicly accessible web site, if you have access to create, upload or amend records, NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE REAL PEOPLE'S DATA.
WebBased Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected, we are committed to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR). Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified when using this website, it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
If you wish to read more about how WebBased protects data subjects rights as a processor please read our Data Protection Agreement.
This policy is effective from 25 May 2018.Your Rights
We ensure that you are completely in control of your personal informationYou have the right to:
- Be informed about the information we hold about you, and how its used
- To request a copy of your information
- To correct any information that’s wrong
- To delete the data we hold (in most circumstances)
- To change your mind, and ask us to stop using your information. such as; unsubscribing from any marketing emails
- To move your information (in most circumstances)
- To object about the processingYou also have rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling (but we don’t do that)
To access any of your rights please contact us.Who are we?
WebBased Ltd is a UK Company that builds software systems for Local Authorities, Schools, Trusts and similar organisations. The systems we build support Continuous Professional Development, e-Learning, Service Trading and Communications.
We are owned by TheKey a UK Company that publishes information for Education leaders.What doesn’t this policy cover?
We may collect the following information:
What we do with the information we gather
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- website traffic information, including your ip address and device used
- other information relevant to customer surveys
We use your personal information to understand your needs and provide you and other users with a better service, this includes:
- Recommending new products or service enhancements
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- We may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes.
- We may use the information to personalise the website according to your interests
We also use it for business, regulatory and legal purposes, such as:
How long do we keep your information?
- Dealing with any requests you make
- Internal record keeping for customer management
- Improving our products and services
- Getting in touch if we need to tell you about something, like a change to our policies.
Whenever you give us your personal information we'll explain how long we'll hold it for. We follow these key principles:
Processing your information
- we only hold your information for as long as we have a valid reason to keep it
- we think consider the sensitivity and risk of holding data
- we design our processes to limit the need to hold information over time
- we may delete your records if we haven’t been in touch in over three years
We have to have a valid reason to use your personal information. It's called the "lawful basis of processing” when you give us your information we will clearly explain which lawful basis we are using that information for and how you can access your rights.
We will only process your information where we have consent or we have another lawful reason for using it. These reasons include where we:
- Need to pursue our legitimate interests
- Need to process the information to carry out an agreement we have with you
The security of your personal information is important to us, we are committed to ensuring that your information is protected. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. We make no warranties as it is impossible to guarantee absolute security. Data location and sharing
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. The data from these cookies helps us analyse our webpage traffic and improve our visitors’ experience. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites, and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question. Complaints Procedure
If you have a complaint or believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us. We will deal with your request as a matter of urgency.
If you have a complaint about our use of your information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office via their website at www.ico.org/concerns or write to them at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Thank you for your trust..
How cookies are used by Demo Learning Portal
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable.
Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
This information is used to improve services. For example:
- recognising your computer so you don't have to give the same information several times
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don't need to do it for every web page requested
- measuring how many people are using our website, so they can be made easier to use
You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them on the Direct Gov website: internet browser cookies - what they are and how to manage them.
If you do not want to accept cookies, your browser can be set to automatically reject cookies or to inform you every time a website asks to store a cookie.
Through the browser you can also delete previously stored cookies. Our site will not function satisfactory without the acceptance of cookies.
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies", which are text files placed on your computer, to help the website analyse how users use the site. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google's behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above.
Cookies used on our website
||We use this cookie so that once you have logged on with username and password you won’t have to do it for every page you request from our site.
||When you close your browser.
||This cookie is only set by our Content Management System when you choose an accessibility option. This cookie is used to remember "text size" choices chosen by the user. It collects information in an anonymous form.
||This cookie is only set by our Content Management System when you choose an accessibility option. This cookie is used to remember "text only view" choices chosen by the user. It collects information in an anonymous form.
||This cookie is only set by our Content Management System when you choose an accessibility option. This cookie is used to remember "high contrast" choices chosen by the user. It collects information in an anonymous form.
'Do not track' (DNT)
If you are worried about your privacy online we recommend that you use the Firefox browser with the 'Do not track settings' enabled.
Find out more at dnt.mozilla.org